Heads of Garlic

Bryan S

TVWBB Olympian
This time of the year is pretty crappy, at least in my area. I'm gueesing this is the end of last years harvest? As every head I find is either getting soft/spongey or sprouting. Anybody else see this with heads of garlic? Just saying.
icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bryan S:
This time of the year is pretty crappy, at least in my area. I'm gueesing this is the end of last years harvest? As every head I find is either getting soft/spongey or sprouting. Anybody else see this with heads of garlic? Just saying.
icon_frown.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The garlic is pretty crappy right now in these parts too. However, the new stuff is starting to appear in farmer's markets for which I'm extremely grateful.

It's been bad for a couple of years now. They are selling garlic from China now. I wonder where California garlic is going?

Hi Bryan,

Unless I can get fresh, local garlic. It is crap. I cannot believe some stores even put the nasty crap out on display. I wonder if the crappy garlic works to repel vampires???...

###

nice observation. I hadn't noticed, but now that you bring it up, I'd have to agree.

same goes for apples. my daughter usually makes me grab a couple when we stroll through the produce. Last one I bought was brown and spongy when I peeled it for her.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Unless I can get fresh, local garlic. It is crap. I cannot believe some stores even put the nasty crap out on display. I wonder if the crappy garlic works to repel vampires???...? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seen any Vampires hanging around those stores?

It must be working OK then!

Cheers

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Phil Hartcher:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Unless I can get fresh, local garlic. It is crap. I cannot believe some stores even put the nasty crap out on display. I wonder if the crappy garlic works to repel vampires???...? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seen any Vampires hanging around those stores?

It must be working OK then!

Cheers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know, Phil, I haven't seen any vampires in the grocery stores. That must be the only reason the stores display the nasty, crappy garlic. Good thinking Phil!

When I had some garden space, I grew garlic. It's really easy and doesn't take much of a green thumb for success. Maybe this fall, I'll try to squeeze in a small row of garlic. That might keep those pesky vampires out of our yard!

###

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bryan S:

Anybody else see this with heads of garlic? Just saying.
icon_frown.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes! Yesterday, I walked away from my local grocery store empty handed. They were so sorry looking they should not have had them on display.

Gary

I got great garlic at TJ's and Whole Foods in Conn a couple weeks ago, and great garlic at WF in Charlottesville, Va a couple days ago. Try WF (or TJ's if there is one in your area).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by K Kruger:
I got great garlic at TJ's and Whole Foods in Conn a couple weeks ago, and great garlic at WF in Charlottesville, Va a couple days ago. Try WF (or TJ's if there is one in your area). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Picked up some real nice heads at Whole Foods in Wayne PA today. Grown in Cal, gotta love it.
icon_cool.gif

Back