SS grates

Troy Gamm

TVWBB Fan
I am curious. Will the new SS grates for the 18.5" kettles fit the WSM? I know they are hinged but you don't have to use the hinges and it would make clean up easier. The only reason I ask is that on Webers site, they say that both the WSM and One-Touch both have a 18.5" cooking surface.

Thanks,
Troy

That's great. I can't believe I didn't see the other thread. I'm usually get through most of the threads on this site. My wife now calls me a groupee. Thanks for the answer.

Troy

I"m curious about the difference between stainless steel grills and the nickel plated grills.

What do people think of the pros and cons?

Spoke with Weber Cust Service today. The part number for the SS hinged grate is 80730. The bad news is that it has basically tripled in price since I bought my last one in February, $54.00 plus $7 shipping. Think I'll hold off for now.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mike maclean:
Spoke with Weber Cust Service today. The part number for the SS hinged grate is 80730. The bad news is that it has basically tripled in price since I bought my last one in February, $54.00 plus $7 shipping. Think I'll hold off for now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is crazy! The 22.5" one is $29.99, I can't believe they would charge almost double for the 18"...

Here is a link for the 22.5" SS grate on Weber.com

http://store.weber.com/items/?pid=1117

Back