Chimney cook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony W.

TVWBB Fan
Since this site is so insightful and helpful I just wanted to share my first cook on a chimney.

I eat at a Greek resto where their squid is ever so tender. I spoke with the manager and he said it is because of their high temp grills. So I decided to put a 1/3 to 1/2 lump charcoal in a chimney and did the squid a minute or 2 on each side and it came out great, even better than the resto. I had marinated the squid in milk first, the only downside is you can only
grill 2 at a time, but they cook so fast it was no big deal.

My first summer with the Performer and I'm loving it.

Anthony

squid and scallops are soft when quickly cooked or when cooked a very long time. in between they get tough and chewy. most times they are cooked fast with high heat.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by george curtis:
squid and scallops are soft when quickly cooked or when cooked a very long time. in between they get tough and chewy. most times they are cooked fast with high heat. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
icon_confused.gif

Anthony, Glad to hear your squid cook on the chimney came out great for you.
icon_cool.gif
I don't eat squid, but scallops on the chimney sounds really good.

Yo Anthony - good post. I'm a fan of squid and octupus done that way. Other than the milk marinate did you dress with anything else? EVOO/Lemon perhaps? Had it (Octopus) the way you mention a number of times at a Greek seafood restaurant in Philly and loved it. But then I'm a fan of squid and octopus anyway. Typically at home I'll do a long cook though (Italian style).

Hey Ray, a bit of EVOO and a dash of pepper and garlic salt
I was out of steak spice, I would love to try octopus but don't know if
I have the know how for that long cook, how do you do it if you don't mind sharing.

Anthony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back