Weber Q 320

Richard Garcia

TVWBB All-Star
This morning I visited a local Weber Dealer here in Costa Rica to look at the Weber Q 320. What a Beaut! The total cost to deliver to my doorstep fully assembled on a Weber Stationary table is $600.00. Now, I was thinking of buying one through Amazon because it is much cheaper and can make a contribution to this great Website. I can get the Costa Rican Import taxes waived on the Weber Q, however, the shipping weight will cost me around $200.00. So, total price using Amazon and the shipment costs will be around $550.00. Also, sometime back I had a problem with a Weber table that I purchased through Amazon.com, so I contacted the Weber Company who stated that they do not ship replacement parts, even those under warranty, to Costa Rica without shipping charge. The Costa Rican Weber dealer will guarantee it for a couple of years. What do you think??

Richard

WSM Classic, OTG 22 1/2" with Smokenator

Seems like a no-brainer to me. I'd go for the local unit.

I'm in a similar siuation living in Japan. In your case, if the unit is broken/damaged in shipping you'll have to pay to have replacements sent in that case as well.

With just one unlucky shipping mishap initially/warrantee issue later, you'd be more expensive than the local dealer.

Local...

Richard, glad to see you decided on the Q! My 2 cents, I think your situation allows for choosing the local dealer over the amazon site. It's not disloyalty, just practicality. Go for it!

Jim, did you ever get a duffel for your Q? Just wondering...

you can still send chris a few bucks if you feel guilty. but yea, i would go with the dealer. but maybe work him down a bit.

I've had my Q320 for about a month now and I cannot say enough good things about it. You will love the heat, the cast iron grates, the easy starting, the good heat control. It is a lot of grill in a small footprint.

Assembly of the 320 is about 5 minutes and 8 screws,
Cooking on it is one of life's pleasures.

I personally would support the local guy, just let him know what you can do as an alternative. You will develop a loyal supplier and he will develop a loyal customer.

Happy Grilling

Regards

Back