Sticky Wings...

Wolgast

TVWBB Olympian
After Lampes Wing cook i had to do wings again. In that post Jeff recomended a hot tub for your wings. I had to try this.

So here We Go:

Cooked em the Noe-Way without the water pan. 1 peice of oak for smoke.

20 min. Time to put em in the bath.

Some left over sauces was mixed with a splash of water.

Cooking temps @ 300(1 chimney lit all vents opend)

20 min later. Time to let them firm up.

Back on the grate for 20 min.(Should have looked @ em after 10 min)

They got a bit dark. But still super tasty. The skin was not crispy but tender. Served with a potatoes au gratin and some of the sauce from the pan.

Super sticky and a fantastic flavour.

Thanks for your time.

Beautiful caramelization on your wings Daniel!
They look sloppy, gooey, and Good!
Hope the sauce stains come out of your shirt.
icon_razz.gif

Looks just about right!

My hot tub is usually a bit thinner, more of a marinade than a sauce, and might be why I don't have problems getting them a bit crispy.

were they moist and tender? they look good.

Big Mike: Totall cook time was 60 min. 20 direct + 20 tub + 20 direct.(+- a few mins) Cooked @ 300 the whole time. Tub was pre heated.

Jeff: Moist and tender? Ohh Yea. They were Fantastic. The sauce in the tub were a bit thick. But then again i rather have flavours then the overated "crispy" skin. A high sugar sauce for sure. And the only thing i would change is to take 5 min off the last step.(in the same setup) And i Thank you for nailing a spot in the top 3 Wing cook´s.

And Thanks everyone for the cred....But it goes to JB!

Very nice Wolgast.
If you did get some on your shirt,SHOUT IT OUT!
It will also support the company I worked for.
Tough to beat a good wing dinner.
Thanks for sharing.
Chuck

Nice cook, looks sooo good.
I also like the fact that you didn't "part out" the wings. I've been making them like this lately too for football Sundays at my Elk's Lodge. It's more fun to cook and eat the whole wing.

darnit!!! I hate when I read a thread and I HAVE TO STOP AT THE STORE ON MY WAY HOME TO BUY STUFF TO TRY ON MY WSM!!!!

thanks......I think I've found out what I'm fixing for the Super Bowl!!

Daniel, this is fantastic. Next time I make wings, I'm doing them this way. Thank you for sharing!

Back