CFS and patty-pans

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
Found some patty-pan squash, similar to those grown by Jim & Liz.
Thought they would be a good side for Country Fried Steak.

A zuke, cut up p-pans, and onion went into the skillet with olive oil and butter.
IMGP5706.JPG

Beef Cube steaks prep.
Dusted them with flour, then into egg/milk wash, and on to the seasoned flour w/ saltine cracker crumbs.
IMGP5710.JPG

Frying in veg. oil and butter.
IMGP5713.JPG

IMGP5715.JPG

Trying to teach Brooke a new trick, still working on the catch part, she keeps flipping it back over her body.
IMGP5695.JPG

Made some milk gravy.
IMGP5721.JPG

Snapped a shot of Jo Anne's plate, hence no heavy grinding of pepper over everything.
icon_smile.gif

IMGP5724.JPG

IMGP5727.JPG

I love grilled food, but at times the belly screams for fried food, and this was just the ticket.
We thought the patty pans were super!
I like them better than zucchinis.

Thanks for stopping by!

I am convinced that your wife Jo Anne loves you, Bob.(EDIT:Brooke too
icon_smile.gif
) Yes. And probably many reasons. The fact that you're a briliant chef is one of the major reasons. Is it so
icon_wink.gif
? I was not surprised.
Beautiful, inventive cook's as ever.

<span class="ev_code_GREY">What Don Said!!!</span>??? I don't think I've EVER had a COUNTRY FRIED STEAK!
This looks AWESOME!! Holey Toledo Bob! I gotta try this!!

and yes, Patty Pans ARE better than zukes!

Bob, I know exactly what you mean about that craving for something fried. And what a better way to satisfy it than with CFS! One of my all-time favorites for sure. Gonna have to try those patty-pans soon too. Great cook!

You are the fry daddy!
I discovered patty pans this summer. We grew a few in the garden. Not a big harvest, but delicious, like a denser yellow squash -- great on the grill.

Classic post Bob. I have been craving this for a while..and that Brooke sure is a well trained lab...neither of mine would could stand having a treat on their nose....maybe when they grow up!

Again..great post Bob!

Thanks Morgan!
Hope you noticed that Jim was dragging up my past here.:p

Jim,
She does well flipping and catching it if I don't make her hold too long.
Otherwise she gets excited and flips it across the room.:)

Shoot I noticed it right after I pulled the trigger...still nice work either way!

Well how's about a repeat? I'm hungry!

well, i thought this was a Great post to dig up... :p
found some of your other older posts, butt the photos were not included.

Thanks Jim!
I've deleted some Picasa pics to save storage space there, figured the old posts were dead, guess not.:)

Looks good! I used to be able to set a quail on my pointers nose and she would stare at it until I took it off her nose! I miss her!

Glad that Jim brought this post to the front since I missed it the first time around (wasn't a member yet..:D).
Definitely a delicious looking cook and something I have got to try.

Back