Stock Pots, Encapsulated Bottom

Bryan S

TVWBB Olympian
If you are in the market for a stock pot, look here first. I bought my 50 qt/12.5 gal pot from them several years ago. It's a very well made pot and comes in at 18.5 lbs. I just bought a 12 qt from them tonight, with the encapsulated bottom. Do yourself a favor and the next stock pot you buy, make sure it has an encapsulated bottom on it. It really does make a difference.
icon_wink.gif
Link for you.

Bryan, please excuse the novice question here, but what exactly does the encapsulated bottom promote? I'm looking for a large chili/soup pot and noticed the 24qt standard and the 20qt with glass lid. With that in mind, would either one of the two be a good choice.

Kevin

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kevin-kevdawg:
Bryan, please excuse the novice question here, but what exactly does the encapsulated bottom promote? I'm looking for a large chili/soup pot and noticed the 24qt standard and the 20qt with glass lid. With that in mind, would either one of the two be a good choice.

Kevin </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
A try ply encapsulated bottom ensures superb heat conductivity for rapid, even cooking.
Stainless steel alone is not an effective conductor of heat. Aluminum on the other hand, readily absorbs heat. By absorbing heat faster than the neighboring stainless steel, it can provide even heat distribution before heat is transferred to the food, for faster more thorough cooking without “cold spots” or scorching “hot spots”. In a try-ply based, the aluminum is completely enclosed in stainless steel creating a finished base.
Either of those pots would make a great chili pot. You're looking at a 5 or 6 gal pot for making chili.
icon_cool.gif

ah I c, my stainless pots and pans I was talking about say either Copper or Aluminum and "Tri-Ply" Base.

So they are encapuslauted then.

Thanks Bryan, I believe this is exactly what I have been looking for and the two I have in mind were priced rather well.

Kevin

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shawn W:
So they are encapuslauted then. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes, You should be able to see the big disc on the bottom of the pot. My 50 qt pots bottom is almost an inch thick. Not saying that you cant burn anything with an encapsulated bottom pot, but it really makes it hard too.
icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kevin-kevdawg:
Thanks Bryan, I believe this is exactly what I have been looking for and the two I have in mind were priced rather well.

Kevin </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kevin you're welcome. Yes their prices are very good, and so is shipping. For the 12 qt I ordered was only $12.00 for shipping from CA to PA. If you do get one, please post if you like it or not.

My pot came today. I'm very happy with it. Very nice pot for the price.
icon_cool.gif
I had my eye on (really wanted) the Calphalon 12qt, but that one was $100.00 This one will do just fine.
icon_smile.gif

I used the pot today to make a big pot of <span class="ev_code_RED">Red</span>. It worked just dany, and I'm very pleased with the purchase.
icon_cool.gif

Back