Chickpea salad recipe

G

I'm looking for a recipe for a creamy chickpea salad. I had one at some point, but have lost it and can't for the life of me remember where I found it.
IIRC, it had yogurt and cilantro in it, and probably cumin as well. I've found a few recipes, but none of them have the creamy aspect I'm looking for. Any ideas?

Some ideas: Take a cup or so of plain yogurt. Add to that either 1/2 c mayo (to soften the yogurt and add body and richness) or 1/2 c sour cream (to maintain sourness but add creamy body) or 1/2 c room-temp cream cheese (to soften the yogurt and add lots of body) or 1/2 c room-temp goat cheese (to maintain the bite but add lots of body). Put this in a blender with 1/4-1/2 of a small yellow onion or the equivalent of a Vidalia plus the juice of half a lemon, 1 small minced garlicclove, about 1/2 t ground cumin, and a good pinch of salt. Blend till very smooth. Taste, adjust salt, add a pinch of sugar if desired, and a turn or two of the black or white peppermill.

I'd most likely stir in minced parsley or cilantro just before mixing with the cooked chickpeas, or I'd mix, plate, then top with the minced herb. Lime juice can be subbed for the lemon for use with cilantro. If you'd like milder tasting garlic, or more garlic flavor without overwhelming the dressing, boil whole peeled garlic cloves in water or milk for about 10 min before adding to the blender.

Back