Santa Fe Cured Pork Loin

Richard Batey

TVWBB Fan
There's a recipe at the Big Green Egg site for Santa Fe Cured Pork Loin that is very good. You wet cure the pork loin (not the tenderloin) for 3 days. I got an 8 pounder, I think, and cut it in half. I tried this recipe and cooked it last night. Really excellent!

Santa Fe Cured Pork Loin

Richard

I tried this last week. Brined it for 4 days. The roast was nice and moist, but we were disappointed with the flavor. It was bland. Don't know what went wrong. Reread the recipe and it seems we followed it....tom

Tom,

Yes, the brine definitely helped keep the loin moist. It was a hit at my house last night including company. Maybe a rub or savory sauce would make it better.

How do you think this brine would work on a brisket? Maybe decrease the sugar?

Richard

I love brisket and the recipes I follow are from www.epicurious.com Search on brisket and then look at Barbequed Texas Beef Brisket. I like it a lot, but do not mop as much as they do. When WSM is steady leave it alone. I have tried cooking it the day before and then rewarming as they suggest. My wife never got any as people were eating it as fast as I could cut it.

On another note, we also cook My Mother's Brisket. It is great here in the winter, but you may not like it in sunny Florida. It is the essence of beef....tom

Back