UGOTTATRYTHIS: Buckboard Bacon BBQ'd Pancakes

C. Howlett

TVWBB Super Fan
My humble contribution for breakfast and yet another use for home made bacon:

NOTE: this recipe calls for Buckboard Bacon! If you haven't done this EASY cook yet, stop HERE and go do it!

ADDITIONAL NOTE: DO NOT cheap out on the ingredients. This recipe deserves the best, so get the good stuff. You won't regret it.

The original recipe came from a magazine review of THIS PLACE . With my personal modifications, I hereby claim it as Buckboard Bacon BBQ'd Pancakes.

For 2 servings:

Whisk an egg in a bowl with 2 tablespoons of melted butter

Whisk in:
1 1/2 cups of buttermilk (regular milk will work, but NOT as tasty)
1 cup of flour
1/3 cup stoneground yellow cornmeal
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

Whisk ingredients together to achieve smooth batter. Stir in 1/2 cup of crumbled crispy buckboard bacon.

Heat a couple tablespoons of vegetable oil until surface shimmers. Add 1/2 cup or so of batter. Cook until bubbles from evenly on top. Flip over and cook until browned on the bottom.

Slather with quality butter. Optional: add a couple sprinkles of confectionary sugar. Pour on REAL maple syrup.

Cook some eggs, add some sliced fruit and perhaps a couple slices of smoked fatties. Eat up.

Not hungry enough to go to all this trouble? Watch Pancake Heaven

If I may be indulged a moment, I would like to brag that THE PANCAKE RECIPE WILL BE PUBLISHED!!!

The Hi Mountain Seasonings folks will publish the recipe soon in one of their advertising specials. In compensation, they were kind enough to send me a bottle of steak rub. Yay!

Congrats on the publish.
icon_cool.gif
I'm a big fan of putting bacon in the pancake batter and or sausage. Others include apples, blueberries, nanas, and the ultimate combo vanilla, chocolate chips, brown sugar and cinimon...................Next time I cook up some Bucboard Bacon I'll toss some in my Home Made Butter Milk PanCakes cooked in a Griswold Cast Iron skillet in lard or shortening and give it a go.
icon_biggrin.gif

Back