already cooked smoked ham

D.Merrick

wife brought home an already cooked/smoked/hint of honey 5lb ham shank

Looking for ideas of what to do. Re-heat in oven with a glaze, or slice into steaks and grill or broil with a sauce/glaze. Would prefer the steak option as i only have a family of 2.5 people to feed and this will not be eaten in on sitting.
Thanks for any help

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by D.Merrick:
wife brought home an already cooked/smoked/hint of honey 5lb ham shank

Looking for ideas of what to do. Re-heat in oven with a glaze, or slice into steaks and grill or broil with a sauce/glaze. Would prefer the steak option as i only have a family of 2.5 people to feed and this will not be eaten in on sitting.
Thanks for any help </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here is a Butter Rum Glaze I do on 'ready cook' hams that would work perfect for your ham.

Recipe
1 stick of butter
1/2 cup of honey
1/2 cup Dark Rum
1 cup Brown sugar
1 TBS Cinnamon

Combine all ingredients, bring to a boil and let simmer 5 minutes.

I think I would use a regular captain morgan or something along those lines and drink the good aged Jamaican......Might just be me though!

Clark

you have a good point there clark, but since we are only talking 1/2 cup, i will use the good stuff, i dont think i have any regular rum. It seems like the older i get the less i drink and the more expensive liquor i store

The ham turned out great. Thanks again larry for the glaze, it definately made the ham. I am glad that i used a good rum as i could definately taste it. The outside skin turned into a candy so the kids loved it also.

Back