Smoke wood...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan Bosch

TVWBB Fan
Gad zooks! I've run outta smoke wood! Not, you understand, because I've been cookin' on the Weber, but rather because my wife found my stash of Oak and deceided it was better served up to the wood stove rather than the smoker - the stash being the surviving rements of this seasons wood pile. And now that I've got a pork butt scheduled for smokin' on Saturday, I'm short the main componet for smoke - wood. Where do all you'ins get your wood from? I've contacted some wood vendors - Peoples Wood, Firewood Guy - and find that availability is spotty at best. And Firewood guy wants $99 for 25 pounds of chunks, delivered. A little steep. So, are there other BBQ/smoker friendly vendors out there that you good folks can point to? There's nothing local to me and I don't have access to a forest...

Alan Bosch

Good afternoon Alan?
Since it's just about Spring (at least here in Charleston, SC!) our local Wal-Marts or K-Marts (or similar type vendors) already have their outdoor 'stuff' out for sale; so if you're close to one you should be able to find plenty of either hickory and/or mesquite and sometimes other types usually in chip form, however. Warning: the addiction of smoking foods with the WSM is so strong that if you can't find wood, please have your wife keep you locked up inside so that you won't do time in jail for relieving your neighbors of their trees!!! Hope this is of some help.
?..John

Alan you can use food quality pellets.
Place in foil pouch, double thickness,
punch some wholes in the bag and place
in the coals, works well.
There is a friend of mine in your area
that can help you with supply, Stu Carpenter
his E-mail is
stu@grillchefs.com
tell I told you about him.
Jim

The local Home Depot has bags of either hickory or mesquite chunks. Check any local home improvement stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back