Silicone covers for probe leads?

I'm sure I'm not the only one that has looked for this. I have Maverick wireless thermometer with the braided steel leads. When they are in the smoker for so long, they get all black, and really hard to clean. Isn't there some type of heat shrink tubing you could put on those to make them easier to clean? The only tips I have seen are to 'wrap it in tin foil'. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I know I'm digging up a old thread but I just came across it and got to thinking that the silicone fuel line used for R/C cars would probably work and keep the heat/moisture from damaging the probe wires. I'm going to pick some up and try it cause I'm on my second set of probes for the Maverick, and you can get different colors as well

I know I'm digging up a old thread but I just came across it and got to thinking that the silicone fuel line used for R/C cars would probably work and keep the heat/moisture from damaging the probe wires. I'm going to pick some up and try it cause I'm on my second set of probes for the Maverick, and you can get different colors as well

I wonder if using high-temp aluminum tape wrapped around the cables would work ? Also, where would one get the silicone fuel line to protect them ? I'm not familiar with what you are talking about ? Thanks,

George

Back