Recipes for beef sticks?

T Perkins

TVWBB Fan
Looking for some different beef stick recipes.

Never done them before and not sure if I need just straight beef, or if I would need to add some fat into the mix before putting in casings. Any help is appreciated!

Just bought a LEM jerky shooter with some of my fanatsy football winnings this year and am excited to try my hand at some jerky and beef sticks!

I did see that page Len. Probably start with that recipe to start. Just wanted to know if anyone else may have had some good tested recipes here.

Thanx!

I haven't tried these recipes specifically but I trust his recipes in general.

Google Len Poli snack stick or Len Poli thuringer. It's a good starting place if nothing else.

Thanks Dave. I will check that out as well. Much appreciated!

edit....WOW! That is exactly what I was looking for. What a wealth of info on his website!

Glad to help. Let me know how they come out, I have a bag of sheep casings in the fridge that's dying to be stuffed, dried, and eaten during golf, hikes, and ski outings.

Made a couple batches of sticks this weekend. However, I just used the prepackaged LEM mix that came with the jerky cannon. Turned out pretty good. I made a second batch and added some chopped jalapenos. Those were much better. The Jerky Cannon does NOT come with an attachment that allows for use of casings, so I had to make them without casings until my attachment arrives. Still pretty impressed on how they turned out.

The Jerky Cannon does NOT come with an attachment that allows for use of casings, so I had to make them without casings until my attachment arrives.
won't be easier to use a sausage stuffer with a thin tube?
LEM has a nice one for their 5# stuffer:
3/8 tube
LEM Stuffers
Kitchener stuffers, same as LEM's but with plastic gear (you can buy the metal one from LEM, it fits)

Back