Quesataco

Jamie Berry

TVWBB Fan
"Quesa" for the melted cheese and "taco" for the corn tortilla.

Nothing novel here but it sure was good so i thought i'd post it. I love finding things to do with leftover pulled pork b/c it gives me more reasons to use my wsm smoker.

supplies: left over pulled pork, corn tortillas (preferably fresh hand made), monterrey pepper jack cheese, salsa.

chop up some left over pulled pork and brown in skillet in a little oil over med high heat. be careful it pops like popcorn. I'd have trouble explaining the pulled pork in the eye injury to my wife. I cook til it gets a little crusty just a couple mins. but keep an eye on it or it will burn.

IMG_1600.JPG

warm tortilla on both sides over med+ heat til starts to balloon up a bit and then flip it (i used my fingers) there should be some light brown specs.

place chopped pork over half of the tortilla and then half a slice of monterrey pepper cheese over the pork and fold tortilla in half and press somewhat firmly. You should be able to flip it at this point and let it continue to cook until cheese is melted. watch your heat!

IMG_1608.JPG

IMG_1610.JPG

IMG_1606.JPG

IMG_1615.JPG

Eat immediately. I really like the roasted corn flavor w/ the smokey crispy pork and smooth cheese. Made a great lunch.

I thought that I was the only one who did that. that is some good eating right there. Is the salsa home made. I make a fire roasted salsa that really takes that to another dimension.

"eat immediately"........no question about it

looks deeelish, thanks for sharing

I have some leftover PP buring a hole in my pocket......looks like some quesatacos are in order.

Back