Pink Peppercorns

Chris W.

TVWBB Pro
I was at Penzey's the other day to pick up some green peppercorns and decided to pick up some pink peppercorns while I was there. I'm a big fan of pepper, and am anxious to try all the different varieties. I know, pink peppercorns are not "technically" pepper, but I was wanting to try them anyways.

What do you guys usually use pink peppercorns for? I've not seen a recipe around here that uses them. Just curious as to what you guys use them for.

I use them in a radish slaw I serve with smoked salmon, in a radish cream I serve with some grilled fishes, in a couple sauces (with green peppercorns) for steak and the odd chicken or pork dish, in several fruit sauces, and in several vinaigrettes, especially those with a citrus component.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Just curious as to what you guys use them for. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I sometimes crush them and put them on tuna steaks, then saute in a bit od EVOO.

Ray

Back