Stoker Log text messages

Lorin Woo

I've been trying to set up the Stoker Log to send a text message to my cell phone but can't seem to get it to work.

I've got my cell number in both boxes and my carrier (verizon) selected. When I try to send a test message to my phone nothing happens. The rest of the info in the window is filled in.Any idea what may be wrong.

Hi Lorin,

Welcome to the board! I use Ken Brown's Stoker Timers program for sending the Stoker information to my mobile phone. It is simple and very straightforward. It will send the probe temperatures (with their target temps) to your phone on a frequency that you specify. It runs nicely along with StokerLog.

For some reason, StokerLog doesn't work correctly with my service either. It will send the text but it includes a bunch of formatting characters that I don't need and don't care to see. Good luck!

Thanks Tom,

I opened up Stoker Timer and put in my cell number there and I got the info sent to my phone.
At least I wasn't the only one having a problem with the Stoker program.
I love the stoker program and will be using it this Saturday for a low n slow cook on a pork butt.

What I like is that you can have it send emails too. Nothing better then sending your buddy emails from your smoker with the Brisket temps.

I'll often send my guests email/texts of how the cook is going (from Stoker) just to keep them updated and anticipating the awesome meal we're going to have
icon_biggrin.gif

Back