New York > NYC: Blue Smoke

Gary H. NJ

TVWBB Platinum Member
I've been to Blue Smoke on E 27th bet Park and Lex a number of times with friends and have never been disappointed. For down and dirty BBQ I like Dinasaur Barbeque uptown, but for a family-friendly, great atmosphere, good eats place, Blue Smoke is wonderful. A friend and I took some friends visting from Shanghai out for dinner last night, along with their two teenage kids. We all had a good time and enjoyed the Q very much (babybacks, spares, brisket). Service is always good and they seem to keep busy.
Recommended.

I was there quite some time ago and recall it being very good, but that was before I got a wsm and pretty much stopped eating BBQ out.
icon_wink.gif

I like Daisy May's on the corner of 46th and 11th, stopped in yesturday to get a little kicker for the ride back home. Dinasour is also good,harder for me to park-run in-pick-up and go.

Yes, Daisy Mae's belongs to APL. However, from what I understand, he doesn't have much to do with it anymore. He's been setting up Barbacoa in England with Jamie Oliver, and Eataly with Batali. I've seen comments from locals that suggest DM's quality control is slipping. I posted a review of DM somewhere in thebbq forum. It was decent.

Back