Q120 what do you experts think of this little grill vs the Q220

Noe

TVWBB Wizard
Thinking of buying a Q120 or Q220, i really do not need the space of the 220, i want the grill just to do a quick steak, burgers etc...Does anyone here have a Q100 or Q120 and what do you like about the grill and what do you not like about the grill. Or should i just get the 220 for about 50 bucks more?

I just picked up a Q200 off CL for a good price. I was really looking for a 120 as it was to be used for camping out of my boat as well and I wanted to try and keep it in a hatch. It's primary use will be tailgating and for that and use around the house, I was immediately pleased with the extra grill space. I think unless you are really strapped for storage, or need the lighter weight of the 100/120, you will be happier with the Q2**.

I will add that by dumb luck, I might have stumbled onto a good compromise....I added a thermometer to the Q200 I found on CL and now effectively have a Q220 without the larger higher dome lid, saving a lot of size and some weight too. I think Q120/220 are more appealing to people due to the tables and the thermometer, and not necessarily for the increased dome height. The 200 has the tables so adding the thermometer for $12 gets you a nice little package.

Thanks Scotty, i might just go ahead and get the Q200 instead of the Q120, it is only 20 bucks diff in price, again thanks for the info. Storage is no problem.

I think it's a great set up, but I am a little biased
icon_razz.gif
. About the only thing I could see needing the higher lid for is beer butt chicken, and I prefer them on my kettle anyways. I just got back from ACE where they had the 100 and 200 set up side by side on carts which is the first time I was able to compare then that way. I am very happy that I ended up with the 200 series. It is a lot more grill, but still very portable.

I might be a little late. I have the 120 and the 220.
The 120 will do a medium rare steak with the right amount of searing easier than the 220.
this has been a long topic of conversation on the Aussie BBQ Forum. Some members wanted a rare steak but were not able to achieve it with the 220. - Not a problem for me as I like my steaks on the medium side of medium rare if cooked on a Q. I can fit a 3 kg (6 1/2 lb turkey on the 120.

SAM_0727-1.jpg
SAM_0719.jpg

I have a 220 which I like a lot. However, it's very heavy to carry around. I'd like to add a 120 to my Weber Family for easier transportation.

Bill

Thanks for all the feed back and info, made up my mind about 10 minutes ago, going to get the Q120 perfect for what i need it for. Will go this Saturday and pick one up at Lowe's, will also pickup the fuel hose to connect to the 20lb tank.

George, i thought Chris had said a while back that this site no longer received anything from amazon, can someone confirm this.

Read the article george, seems like Chris gets nothing so far. Anyway was not planning on getting the Q till Saturday, i am sure someone will chime in with the latest news. Thanks George for all your help.

Back