OTG Wheel "Hub Caps"

Status
Not open for further replies.

LarryR

TVWBB Diamond Member
Does anyone know if you can purchase replacement "hub caps" for your OTG wheels at home depot, ace, osh etc.? One of mine fell off and I'd rather buy local vs. paying for shipping.

Thanks in advance!

not sure on finding those local.. id doubt it, but i would give Weber CS a call first.. they sent me out a new non-wheel leg "cap" for free because the Red Mastertouch i purchased used had lost its cap (and the leg was full of dirt) just a thought...

I have the same problem, and I did look at two HDs for them without any luck. My neighbor has a OTS and the wheels kept falling off, so he drilled holes in the axles and put washers and cotter pins in them.

I would try Ace. My local Ace carries them, but not seperately. I bought a new ash removal replacement system for my OTS, and it came with 2 new hub caps.

Yea HD didn't have them so I'll hit OSH or yes Fres. Ag Supply tomorrow. Actually Osh/Sears is a client so I should probably go to Osh
icon_wink.gif

I got some at Home Depot, they are in the fastener section in 2 pack plastic bags, they had Black plastic cap and metal "hat" style.

FWIW they are known as "Push Nuts" and are availble from McMaster-Carr.
You can also find many other items such as thermometers, expanded metal, stainless steel hardware, just about anything you need.

Thanks for all the replies. I went to OSH and bought one, however when I got home it didn't fit, way too big. Does anyone know what size I need?

I've got the same issue, with the caps falling off. I thought it was just mine. It looks like its a weber-demic.

Anyone have any clue which size to buy? I've now bought three different sets and not one has fit. The last one I bought was 7/16.

The leg diameter on mine is 3/8" that or 5/16" should work. But Larry, have you tried ACE the ones around here carry the original hub caps in stock.
Timothy

Nah I've stuck with OSH as their a client. I guess on this one OSH will have to forgo my $1.49 on this purchase. They just opened a new Ace less than 4 miles from my home. I'll go there this afternoon.

Do you know if Ace carries the Weber starter cubes? I'm out and have been having to use newspaper or paper towels, not quite as easy and messier.

The Ace stores as well as HD carry the cubes.

Unfortunately my local HD and Ace don't stock these, so I went back to OSH today and bought a small propane torch to start my coals off with. Figured in the long run it would be cheaper as the replacement cylinders (although the cubes are very cheap) are only $5, but also sports the coolness factor when guests are here
icon_biggrin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back