stoker help needed

steve a

the stoker status is on screen but when i try to use Amir's stoker log i cant log the error msg is
"cant open stoker interface."

I assumed you've entered in the correct IP address in the space provided. Once you do that, you MUST tab out of that field, then press F5 to update the StokerLog interface.

Other than that, it should work.

And be sure to only type the four numbers seperated by dot (".") and not the "http://" part.

The above assumes you can talk to the stoker using the browser. If not, then you have a different issue.

I have same problem. I can get to Stoker from web with xx.xx.xxx.xxx:8080 from my office. Stokerlog hangs up at "Reading Stoker Web Interface..." in Status window. Tried "HTTP Only" also same result.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gerald:
I have same problem. I can get to Stoker from web with xx.xx.xxx.xxx:8080 from my office. Stokerlog hangs up at "Reading Stoker Web Interface..." in Status window. Tried "HTTP Only" also same result. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gerald,
Your problem is just a little different. Running the stokerlog from your office is a little more complicated, perhaps. Since you are port port 8080 to your stoker, you would have to use the ip address in the stoker log as xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8080 and use the http interface. Works on mine --

here's a tip ,, make sure your router supports dynamic DNS, and if it does, go to www.dyndns.org and get a URL for your home router, that way when your IP address changes, you can still get there. Your router will update dyndns when your ip changes. I use myhomename.dyndns.org:8035 in the Stokerlog IP address and it will connect every time. I just plugged mine on to make sure that would work. I was also shocked to find, that despite global warming, my stoker was sitting on 23.5° , not Celsius BTW.

kb

Hi kb

I did finally get it to work via your method, I did not have the HTTP checked. I already had the dns deal set up at no-ip.com, so I just had to do web redirect and now if my isp changes my address, it is updated by the client running in system tray.

As always - thanks for the great support here.

Back