Wireless Thermometers

Charlie OR

Can anybody give me a headsup on wireless thermometers? Looking at Oregon Scientific model AW 131 or Nu-Temp 701. To be used for Qing in Weber Smoker/Cooker.

Hey Charlie, Don't buy the "Grill Rite Talking Thermometer". It's made by Oregon Scientific,and is a PIA to sync up. It's also very annoying to listen to! Hope this helps!

Check out amazon,or just do a search for that product. Sometimes it will give a place to purchase. Glad I could help.

Hi Charlie,

I don't know anything about the NU-701 as I've never used one. It might be just what you want and need.

I use a Maverick Industries, Inc. ET-73 Remote Smoker Thermometer. It has a probe for the meat and a probe for the cooking chamber. Mine has worked well for me. It might be worth checking into as well. They are widely available.

###

Hi Whitehead,

Thanks for the info I'm checking on the Maverick et73 as it seem about what you guys figure is abouit the best.

I was looking into the Oregon AW129. It is the model one step down from the talking AW131. Has anyone ever used this one?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Charlie:
Hi Whitehead,

Thanks for the info I'm checking on the Maverick et73 as it seem about what you guys figure is abouit the best. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>They can be quirky, some have had a lot of grief with them.

If you get one that works without issue for you it's probably your best bang for the buck.

I had problems with mine dropping updates and disconnecting as close as like 15' away through a wood & vinyl siding wall.

A lengthy thread here about the problem I mentioned, another thread here.

Back