ez que rotisserie

hope they are legit. i have two. the 21x8 and 21x6. i use them on my char griller as i've turned it into my rotiss machine.

I wonder if these are still in production for if EZ-que sold the patent. I hope they are still going to be in production...it's a great product.

Based on what little information is on the web site, it seems like this is a barbecue dealer who bought out EZ-Que's stock and is now selling whatever is left. I suspect, when these are gone there won't be any more. So if you think you might want an EZ-Que, order now.

Bill

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bill Freiberger:
Based on what little information is on the web site, it seems like this is a barbecue dealer who bought out EZ-Que's stock and is now selling whatever is left. I suspect, when these are gone there won't be any more. So if you think you might want an EZ-Que, order now.

Bill </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats what it sounds like to me. I would love to have the holder for my rotisserie but not sure if I wanna pay that much. I usually only do one hunk of meat at a time and I have been able to use my lowes basket for that.

I agree that it looks like they are closing out inventory. For what it's worth, these things are build like tanks and are going to last forever. They also make rotisserie cooking really easy with adjustable arms and the fact that you can actually wash them in the dishwasher if you unscrew the rods from the ends. Easy, easy, easy.

If I didn't have a few of these already, I'd pay almost any price to get my hands of one if they are going away forever. However, the asking price for their kettle version with the ring seem really reasonable. Considering kettles will be around forever at that standard size (unless the Genesis that changed sizes recently), it would be a good investment if you have the money.

I feel like a commercial
icon_wink.gif
so I guess I should clarify I have no affiliation whatsoever with EZ Que or this website that was linked to.

I found the the cradle section by itself for around $90. I have the weber ring.Do you think that part alone is worth $90. I was thinking of this or the rib-o-lator. Or just saving my money and using the forks,silicon ties and cheap baskets.

i would say it depends on how much you rotiss. if not to often then the regular system will work just fine. but if you cook more often the you will find the ezq a better option.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by george curtis:
i would say it depends on how much you rotiss. if not to often then the regular system will work just fine. but if you cook more often the you will find the ezq a better option. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I don't rotiss enough but I would like to start to that more. I'm torn between the cradle and the ribolator.
Thanks

wellllllll, they are kinda differant. dependa on what you wanna do. ribolator would be great if doing ribs and chicken pieces. but if yer into cooking whole birds, a small turkey and big chenks of meat then the ezq would fit the bill better. but again, you could really cook a lot with the std rotiss rod setup.

It's kinda hard to say. The ribolator is one of those things that I look at everytime and think "I just don't get it"
icon_wink.gif
so I would much rather have the Ez-Que basket then the Ribolator.

As to whether the EZ-Que basket is worth $90. For me, the answer is definitely yes, but I could totally see somebody else coming to a different conclusion. For me, I see it as a product I will use for the rest of my life so $90 dollars is a drop in the bucket for something that works really well and will last.

What size basket is it (6 or 8 inch) and what type of grill will you be using it with?

By the way, ribs in a rotisserie are ridiculously amazing! Much easier to rotis ribs in this basket than on the stick though I'm sure it can be done that way.

It won't be able to do as many at once as you can with the ribolator but it will truly rotis them (self basting) versus the riblator which seems to just put them on a merry-go-round.
icon_smile.gif
(that's the part I don't get, BTW.)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Justin W:
By the way, ribs in a rotisserie are ridiculously amazing! Much easier to rotis ribs in this basket than on the stick though I'm sure it can be done that way.

It won't be able to do as many at once as you can with the ribolator but it will truly rotis them (self basting) versus the riblator which seems to just put them on a merry-go-round.
icon_smile.gif
(that's the part I don't get, BTW.) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Justin I had a question for you I would like to ask if you dont mind sending me your email address. Here is my address jsperk90@yahoo.com
I love spares on the rotisserie. Here is a rack I did with the rotis and smokenator combo.
DSC03969.jpg

I couldn't see any way to purchase this directly from their website, so I sent them an email asking about shipping costs to my neck of the woods. My wife's family may be getting me a rotisserie for my graduation gift this May, and my father-in-law keeps asking me to send him the info. I'll probably send this to him, too (already sent him the info for the Cajun Bandit rotisserie kettle kit); this one also looks pretty solid.

How does it compare to the Cajun Bandit kit, does anyone have an idea?

Barret

I don't have the CB rotisserie kit but I understand them to be air tight from the factory and reversable in such a way that you could use them in an WSM or a kettle. The WSM open doesn't appeal to me much because I don't have a WSM but I know it would be important to alot of folks here.

What appeals to me about the CB is the claim that it's air tight. Having an air tight rotisserie allows you maintain low and slow temps. This allows you to hang a grate in the ring and using it as a Half WSM with all the benefits of the kettle (easy ash removal, off the ground, wheels, etc).

I do this a LOT...but it required modding my Weber ring to make it air tight. Not a big deal but it would have been nice had it come from the factory that way.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Joe S.:
What mod did you do to make it air tight? I just use foil wrapped around the best I could. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It's a really easy and cheap mod but it works like a charm.

I did foil for a long time. Now I have a length of 1/4 rope gasket gently tied (not glued) around the bottom of the rotis ring. When I set the ring in place it mostly falls in the gap on it's own, but I still look at it really quick to make sure it's tucked all the way around. Now it takes 3 seconds instead of messing with the foil.

Works like a charm. I also used some self adhesive gasket around the top of the ring to seal between the ring and lid. (Its like the gasket big green eggs use.) It works great but probably wasn't neccesary.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Joe S.:
I found this website that is selling ez que rotisseries.

http://bourlierbbq.com/E-ZQue.html </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I want to add that this is a reputable website and store in Michigan. I don't live too far from here and bought one of these from this store. Yes it is the ez que rotisserie baskets but they are selling it with the weber rotisserie motor. This company/store bought the original ez que inventory. They are currently in negotiations with other companies to produce the ez que again. The baskets I purchased were the 6 inch for my weber performer. And yes the stainless steel ring comes with the package deal.
Just wanted everyone to know, and thanks Joe S for posting the website.I couldn't find them anywhere! Every since reading about them here I have wanted one!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Regina Simone:
I found this website that is selling ez que rotisseries.

http://bourlierbbq.com/E-ZQue.html </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I want to add that this is a reputable website and store in Michigan. I don't live too far from here and bought one of these from this store. Yes it is the ez que rotisserie baskets but they are selling it with the weber rotisserie motor. This company/store bought the original ez que inventory. They are currently in negotiations with other companies to produce the ez que again. The baskets I purchased were the 6 inch for my weber performer. And yes the stainless steel ring comes with the package deal.
Just wanted everyone to know, and thanks Joe S for posting the website.I couldn't find them anywhere! Every since reading about them here I have wanted one! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Your welcome. I just wish they sold the cradle only since I have a ring.

Back