Dugunking a Used Q

Don Fry

TVWBB Super Fan
I just picked up a used Q100 from a guy off Craig's List for $25. He bought it in a storage container auction. It was put in storage without being cleaned except for the grate. It came with a bottle of gas, drip pan and it fires up perfectly. This is my first Q grill and I am trying to figure out what I can put on the cast aluminum to clean out the gunk that is built up on the inside.

Q100Grill.jpg

In my recent cleaning, I found that citrus-based cleaners (I had a bottle from a bike store for cleaning the chain) works wonders. Get the full-strength stuff. It's supposed to be all biodegradable and it all washes away with water.

Get a can of oven cleaner sprayed inside and let sit for an hour and clean with a brillo pad, rinse with hose and it will be like new

Thanks to everyone for sharing your experience.

I had some citrus-based cleaner on hand and used it to clean things up. Took a little work, but have it looking pretty good. Also pulled the burner and gave it a little TLC with some oven cleaner, a straight pin and a wire brush. Took a little work but finally got it to burn the whole way around. The grate has a little rusting on it, so that is going to take come effort to get re-seasoned.

I am not new to Weber or gas grills, but this is my first Q grill. I bought it out of curiosity. Looks like I am learning every lesson one at a time with this little project.

Got the Q100 cleaned up and working great. Notice the great grill marks on the chops and eggplant. It won't replace of my Summit, but it sure has a future place at my house. I am impressed.

Q2.jpg

Back