Turkey legs

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gary merrill:
Does anybody have a turkey leg recipe? Thanks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I did some (6) last week. All I did was take them out of the package and put them on the rack. Cooked them with some ribs. Took the legs off after 4 hours and they were wonderful.

Gary-

I've done 'em a couple of times. I brine them first (for at least two hours) in a simple brine (salt, water, brown sugar). Take them out of the brine, dry thoroughly, dust with your favorite rub, then put 'em on the grill. I usually put them on the hot side of my offset if I have it fired up and they generally come off as appetizers. If I had to venture a guess at temp, probably 275-300*F. They generally don't take too long at that temp....and they don't last long on the table either!

No reason why it shouldn't work out well on the WSM, just haven't done that yet.

HTH,
Rich G.

I'd brine them first in a simple brine. There are several listed. Then I'd run my WSM about 300 degrees (empty water pan).

I've done them before closer to 250 degrees but I've discovered 300 was a lot better for the skin.

You could try injecting them. I've done it but like the brine better.

Back