Anyone used any of these cheap thermometers?

I do actually have one mounted in a lid vent hole. Works just fine so far.
I double check it with a digital every now and then...

No.
I would be more inclined tho install (And did) a high/known quality thermometer such as one of these. Eliminatating any question is always best, search out how many people post temp probs. only to be asked if there thermo is accurate/ been checked in boiling water.
icon_wink.gif

Chris, I have one of the tri-colored ones on my WSM. I bought it on a whim because it was around $8. So far, it works pretty well (3 months). I checked the accuracy with boiling water and it was within 5*. I bought mine through a local Academy store; not sure if there are any out in AZ.

For what it is worth; I got a Charbroil replacement at "HD". Its +1-2 degrees. Very accurate. I think it was $12.00. Its got a nice big dial and it just screwed right into one of the exhaust vent holes on the lid perfectly. 250 is even dead top center. (Blocking one of the vent holes has not affected the performance at all by the way). Its definitely not Tel-Tru quality but, its accurate and it installed in 30 seconds, and I can see it through my sliders. If the needle is at 12:00 I know its 250 degrees. Good luck.
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Back