Yet another Stoker Question

Frank, are you talking about an office outside your home network? For instance I home office so my office is on my home network vs. having a off-site office. If this is what you're asking you need to setup port forwarding on your router. What brand model router do you have, maybe someone on here has the same unit and can send you some screen shots of how they set theirs up.

Also, your Stoker will need to be connected to your home network via a direct cable or wireless bridge.

Lastly, I read a post of yours regarding simulating operation with your Stoker. When testing mine I set her up near my kitchen stove and put the probe near one of my gas burners and adjusted the burner to simulate a fire. Set your burner on low, figure-out what temp that will maintain and then adjust your pit temp to 10 degrees higher and you can then watch your fan action. Adjust your burner higher to reach your adjusted pit temp and watch the Stoker turn your blower off. Great way to test her.

Frank, here's a HERE that was helpful to me. Do a search for the word "port" and you'll find other posts that may be helpful.

EDIT: Here's a SEARCH on netgear + port.

is there a difference between a wireless ethernet bridge and a wireless access point?

I can't seem to get my Netgear WG602 access point to connect to my wgr614 wireless router and see Stoker...I am going nuts

Yes there is a difference. A wireless access point acts as your wireless agent on a network for wireless user to access the network. A wireless bridge connects a wired device, such as a stoker, to the wireless network. If you have a wireless router, you do not need an access point, it's built in, That's not to say you can't have both, but that's another issue. Here's the twist, some wireless access point can act as wireless bridges, such as DLink 2100AP. I doubt that WG602 will act as a wireless bridge. (these are also called wireless gaming adapters)

Back