Online sources for fresh spices?

Status
Not open for further replies.

K_Jordan

TVWBB Fan
I am looking to purchase fresh spices on-line and am seeking advice as to the best site. I have always used spices bought at the grocery store with good results. However, I purchased a rib rub at a local bbq shop and was blown away by the taste. This rub made the best ribs I have ever cooked. Only drawback was the price. Any suggestions ?

I've used both of these companies and they are both good. One company may have an item the other doesn't have. I think Penzy's also has actual stores. I did a google search and came up with these guys. You can do your own search and come up with many more

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by K Kruger:
In addition to Penzey's (I spend $500/year there) here are a few others I'd recommend as wellSweet Freedom for some chilies, World Spice (don't miss their Worcestershire powder), </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Placed orders to both of these places after reading this post by Kevin last week. I just got done opening the box from World Spice and I must say it was quite intoxicating. Been ordering a long time from Penzeys and I'm very happy with them, IMO World Spice is on the same playing field with them. I'll def be ordering from WS again. Got me some of those Aleppo peppers KK talks about all the time and the Wosty Powder from WS. Now excuse me while I go open the box from Sweet Freedom.
icon_biggrin.gif

EDIT 1: I forgot to mention the Smoked Alder Wood Sea Salt from WS. It smells incredible and it's still in the bag. Why did I buy that? Oh I have a plan for that and I'm not telling just yet. Maybe I will maybe I won't, time will tell.
icon_razz.gif

EDIT 2: OK WOW!!! is all I'm going to say about the box O dried peppers from Sweet Freedom, did I say WOW!!!.
icon_eek.gif
Thanks Kevin,
icon_cool.gif
icon_cool.gif
icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bryan S:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by K Kruger:
In addition to Penzey's (I spend $500/year there) here are a few others I'd recommend as wellSweet Freedom for some chilies, World Spice (don't miss their Worcestershire powder), </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Placed orders to both of these places after reading this post by Kevin last week. I just got done opening the box from World Spice and I must say it was quite intoxicating. Been ordering a long time from Penzeys and I'm very happy with them, IMO World Spice is on the same playing field with them. I'll def be ordering from WS again. Got me some of those Aleppo peppers KK talks about all the time and the Wosty Powder from WS. Now excuse me while I go open the box from Sweet Freedom.
icon_biggrin.gif

EDIT 1: I forgot to mention the Smoked Alder Wood Sea Salt from WS. It smells incredible and it's still in the bag. Why did I buy that? Oh I have a plan for that and I'm not telling just yet. Maybe I will maybe I won't, time will tell.
icon_razz.gif

EDIT 2: OK WOW!!! is all I'm going to say about the box O dried peppers from Sweet Freedom, did I say WOW!!!.
icon_eek.gif
Thanks Kevin,
icon_cool.gif
icon_cool.gif
icon_cool.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was going to do a Edit 3: but I feel this deserves it's own post. Made up about 3.5 gals of Chicken corn soup tonight and I like to add saffron in mine. Well last year I bought a 1 gram pack of the Pure Spanish Saffron from Penzeys and I put the whole gram in the soup. I LOVE Saffron and this stuff is, well it rocks. I'll be ordering more from Penzeys on my next order. Just thought I'd share.
icon_biggrin.gif

My wife and I had the pleasure of going to an actual Penzey's retail store this past weekend. The store is probably 3000 to 4000 sq. ft. It was laid out very nicely with the spices categorised acording to type such as 'salt', 'chiles', etc. In front of every spice there is a rather large stoppered glass jar containing that paticular spice that you can open and smell. Don't start by smelling the chiles as I did because your nose will burn out too quickly
icon_wink.gif
. I probably spent too much money but I'm sure to do it again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back