Pat.3538096

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lou Pederi

TVWBB Member
Okay the red performer I purchased is really driving me crazy!!! I mean I have used it for three cooks since yesturday. So here is my next dilema. First let me compliment weber cs for helping me with the 5lb tank problem. They are sending me an attachment so my local propane dealer can fill it up. It does not currently have an opd valve but they said this will tell the propane company how much is being filled. so thanks to them for that.

Now the real question my performer has no number on the lid vent is has pat.3538096 and then the address in illinois. i looked everywher even under the part where the portion goes and there is a bar code that has the number 133584 but no letters in front of it. The cs rep said it is probably an "ee" or and "ei" but i need to find out before i register it. I know i could just say what i think it is but was hoping you all could help me out. Another part that might help is the temp gage holder on the lid also says pat pending. So there you all go please help me out i would love to know the year this was made. maybe it is an antique and worth millions!!!
icon_smile.gif
jk
icon_wink.gif

The "ee" or "ei" or whatever the code is should be stamped on the top vent on the lid right under "Weber".
icon_wink.gif
As you can see kind of, this is a "J" and it's upside down. It's dark here and this was the best I could do for now.

Webercode003.jpg

okay i figured this out after much research on the year of this grill it is a 1992 because the lid is marked with the letter "O" this can easily be mistaken as part of a stamp on the lid vent. I hope this will help others out who have this year grill. You can easily spot two letters like my other 3 grills that is why I was going nuts. Even any other letter would reseamble a letter but the letter "O" just looks like it is part of the lid. I called weber cs to let them know as well and they are sending me a ash catcher and new 5# tank adapter for free. They are great. Anyway thanks for the first response even though I have seen the letters before. it is nice to know help is only a few minutes away on this board. I think the administrator should also show somewhere that when you have an "O" the vent looks like it only has a serial number with an address. Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back