Any ideas what this is?

LarryR

TVWBB Diamond Member
Greetings,

This is a local for sale here in California. It looks exactly like my Genesis 1000 except my 1000 has a wire rack on the bottom and no wood tray on the right hand side of the control knobs.

I really don't need another gasser as I just finished refurbishing (today) my 1000. But on the other hand it looks like it's in good shape (I've requested inside pictures) and the guy says there's no rust . . . I could probably pick it up for $100, he's asking $125. I suppose I could always buy, fix it up (if it needs it) and give it to my brother-in law who uses a POS gasser with the lava rocks.

http://www2.snapfish.com/share/p=433231182634721086/l=2...1/otsc=SYE/otsi=SALB

Hmmmm . . . Anyone know anything about this model?

Thanks in advance,

Larry,

That looks exactly like my Genesis 2000 except it's missing the drop down table in front of the left table. Mine still has all the wooden slats as well and the original starter still works. I've replaced the grates and flavorizer bars though.

Good luck with it if you decide to get it.

Bill

EDIT: Here's a pic of mine..

I have the same grill with a black hood instead of the red one you pictured. I believe it was one of the original Weber Genesis models, but I can't remember the actual model number. I bought mine in the late 80's and it performed yeoman duty until it recently gave up the ghost when it became too costly to replace a broken hinge on the lid, to replace the grates and flavorizer bars, and the metal cart actually rotted out in several places.

There is supposed to be a redwood swing-up shelf on the left side of the grill attached to the rod at the front edge of the top shelf. Given that this model grill is approaching 20 years old, you'll have to decide if you want to pay $100-$125 for it. Frankly, I just bought a new Weber Summit Gold grill to replace my old Genesis, instead of replacing/upgrading all the bad parts on my old grill.

DSC_1575Small.jpg

Well, is it a Gen 2 or a Gen 2000? How does one tell??? You can't see it from the picture but if it doesn't have casters, it's a Gen 2. If it has casters, it's a Gen 2000.

At any rate, Gen 2 or a 2000 in RED is a great buy.

Back