How often should you change your SS flavorizer bars?

My use is similiar to yours. Probably every 3 to 4 weeks I remove my flavorizer bars and scrape and brush them. I don't see any reason to replace them until they get a significant amount of rust to the point they're very thin or starting to rust through. SS bars will get several more years use than the coated steel bars.

Paul

DaveG,

I would not replace until they are eroded / rsuted out. However, because I do a lot of indirect grilling (with middle burner off), I periodically change the positions of the flavorizer bars (move back and front bars towards middle and put middle ones at back and front).

Ray

Weber says you don't need to replace Flavorizer bars, whether porcelain enamel coated or stainless steel, until they rust to the point that they're about ready to fall apart.

Regards,
Chris

You all have good points! You don't need to replace them untill they are falling apart. The SS bars will begin to get small holes and wear around the edges in about 3-4 years with normal use. They often last 7+ years before the welds start to break.

Opps! Same info on the cooking grates (7+ years before the welds start to break) The old summits had welded flav bar racks.

Back