Uneven heat on Genesis B

DaveG MA

I know the burners go horizontally across the grill, but is it possible for the right side to be hotter than the left side, the sear marks from the right side are clearly more noticeable then the left.

Is there something that may need to be cleaned/adjusted on the burners?

Thanks for any help.

know the burners go horizontally across the grill, but is it possible for the right side to be hotter than the left side,
Dave,

My experience is that there are hotter spots. I have learned where they are and adjust for that as necessary.

Ray

It's normal for the right side to run a few deg. hotter than the left. It should not be that much that you notice it though. I would try to clean the burners with a stiff wire brush (steel) and also check the flavorizor bars, they help to distribute heat and if they are falling apart, or have a lot of build up in one area they don't do that very well.

and also check the flavorizor bars
As info, I have found that it helps if I move the flavorizer bars around to a new position when I clean my grill (Back to middle, rotate ends, etc). Seems to "burn off" any residues much better.

Ray

I have two silver-class propane grills that are each several years old. The left side is 25-35F+ less hot than the right side on the both of them.

I understand it can also be caused if your grill is unlevel, which may explain why different people have different hot spots.

Back