Well done DigiQ II

Ricklynch

So, I decided to do a Butt. Set up my DigiQ II, got everything going, was about to get ready for bed when I decided to let the dog out. Well, the knuckle-head ran by the WSM, while tangling in the DigiQ's wires, and pulled all the plugs out, sent the DigiQ flying, almost pulled the fan from the WSM, and just about tipped the WSM over, ( yes spilled water etc....) The good news is I had not placed the meat on. Briefly I thought about adding my mutt to the WSM, but thought better of it,(HA Ha). Well after spending time hunting the parts and rearranging things, despite a large scuff to the DigiQ itself, all remains working well. Thanks for making a product that can take a few knocks

Rick

Rick,

Glad to hear nothing was destroyed. Question: why are you using water with a DigiQ? It isn't required. All that is needed is a empty, foiled water pan.

Bob W.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robert W:
Rick,

Glad to hear nothing was destroyed. Question: why are you using water with a DigiQ? It isn't required. All that is needed is a empty, foiled water pan.

Bob W. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Robert, how long have you lived in Rio Rancho? I moved from there (Albuquerque) after working there for 23 years. I used to work right on 2nd st NW before they went belly up.Damn I miss NM

Robert,
I think if you read some of the posts here and info from the BBQ Guru people they recommend a water pan with 5 uncurmbled sheets of aluminum foil and a foil over the top (for drippings). I've been using this setup for a few years with my Pitminder and Digi-G II's. What are other people using?
Also read that you should not use water in the pan.

MikeZ

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike Zarecky:
Robert,
I think if you read some of the posts here and info from the BBQ Guru people they recommend a water pan with 5 uncurmbled sheets of aluminum foil and a foil over the top (for drippings). I've been using this setup for a few years with my Pitminder and Digi-G II's. What are other people using?
Also read that you should not use water in the pan.

MikeZ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Mike, I have a DIGIQII and all I use is a foiled wrapped water pan to catch the drippings, no water, and it works great.

Mike, Been using my DigiQ with only a foiled water pan same as Ed without any problems.

Ed, We've been in RR since Nov 04. I retired from the USAF and my new employer moved us here. We like it here, but the kids/grandkids all live in FL, so we are trying to get back to the southeast area of the country. I also like to bass fish and the nearest big lake in Abiquiu (100 miles away).

Bob W.

Back