Too much snow back up cook!

J Graz

TVWBB Super Fan
This weekend I was supposed to do my first full packer, a 12# hunk. I picked it up on tuesday and then heard about the coming storm, and proply froze it. While in the freezer I found a old flat that I purchased some time ago that was way over trimmed. I took it out. My plan was to do a kind of pepper stout beef with the flat, except keep it all in house. Well when I woke up I found that half of my deck was completely clear of snow(the other half was under a 4ft drift, and the performer was just calling me. I rubbed the flat with wolfe bold and put it on in low temp/heavy smoke for about an hour. Really I was just looking for a bit of smoke flavor. Then in the pan over onion and half a jar of sliced jalepeno's. Poured some of the juice from the peppers over the flat then basted with a little bbq sauce, added more onion and peppers then foil over the top and into the oven for a couple hrs. It was delicious. hope you like the pics.
graz
100_3494-1.jpg

100_3504-1.jpg

Forgot to post the sammie pic. Here it is. If you ever come across a over trimmed flat this is a way to go.
100_3505.jpg

Graz

Back