WSM Stacker - bad fit?

John B

TVWBB Pro
Yep, I bought a stacker because it was cheap on eBay. Seems fine enough, but the bad part is it doesn't fit on anything. Wont go on my 18" WSM (without being askew), upside down on my 18" OTS, and the lids wont fit either.

I wont be grumpy about spending $30 for this thing on eBay, I consider it a lesson learned. But it came NIB, and it appears to be round. Has anyone got these things to work without pounding them on? Never mind trying to get it off once you are done cooking.

I look forward to your insights, thanks guys.

I bought 3 of those Ebay ProQ WSM stackers, 2 worked great after flipping them over and re-locating the grate supports and installing additional supports to hold a water bowl.

I use 1 on a SJ platinum to make it into a sweet little smoker. the other I sold to a friend who used the conversion on his older Weber Kettle.

The 3rd was an out of round P.O.S. that wasn't fit for anything other than stripping for spare parts and used as land fill fodder.

I feel I got my moneys worth because the one I sold paid for most of what I had in the 3 plus I got a conversion of my own out of them and it realy works great.

I had to do a little bending on the lip of the stacker to get it to come on and off easier. I used a regular pair of pliers and sit the stacker on the bench and started with a slight bend in to the center then move down about an inch and repeat all the way around. You may have to do this a couple times to get a good fit.

Joe

I might try the pliers idea, and see if I can get this thing to sort of work. Would be nice to have kind of a smaller WSM. I have a lid from an 18.5 OTS, and a spare WSM fire bowl. Kind of a fraken-WSM or something.

Back