Parts for WSM Classic

Michael Owen

I'm getting pretty frustrated as of late trying to buy replacement parts for the original WSM. I can't find any parts:

Charcoal Grate
Part #72601
15-1/4" diameter

Cooking Grate
Part #70701
17" diameter

Could anyone please point in the right direction?

Thanks

M

I may be stating the obvious, so no offense
icon_smile.gif

But have you tried Weber customer service?
Tim

Is that the top or bottom cooking grate? If it's the top grate, isn't that the same grate that is on the 18 inch One Touch? And isn't the charcoal grate the same as the 18 inch One Touch as well? If so, then the Home Depot nearest my house had both of those items in stock today.

Pat

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pat Smith:
Is that the top or bottom cooking grate? If it's the top grate, isn't that the same grate that is on the 18 inch One Touch? And isn't the charcoal grate the same as the 18 inch One Touch as well? If so, then the Home Depot nearest my house had both of those items in stock today.

Pat </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Top cooking grate, yes same size as the 18.5" kettle. But no to the charcoal grate from a 18.5" kettle, way too small for the WSM charcoal grate.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by george curtis:
according to weber parts, nothing is a crossover from the kettles. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Link from here on TVWBB.

Michael,

You'll need to order the bottom cooking grate and the charcoal grate direct from Weber at 800-446-1071.

Regards,
Chris

[ In the 18-1/2" WSM, the top grate is 17-1/2" in diameter and is the same one used in all Weber 18-1/2" charcoal grills.]

Unless you have a SJP, which the top grate does not fit on the WSM or vice-versa.

Just sayin
icon_smile.gif

Tim

Pardon my interuption; but along the same line as Michael.... I have thought about getting an 18 charcoal chamber. Anyone know about how much they cost? thanks

Back