Q200 Temp

TOM BAUER

TVWBB Pro
I am wondering if my regulator is working properly. The most heat I get, measured from the outside surface of the lid, is about 400 degrees. Is that within the range?

My Q220 hits 450 (measured with the stock thermometer that came with the grill) in about 8 - 10 minutes and will eventually get a little hotter. I don't know how accurate the them is, but that's plenty hot for what I want to cook there.

Pat

I have had my Q200 for a few years, not sure exactly how long, and I actually stoppped using it for a year because I couldn't get any heat. It wasn't until I found a post on here about turning the tank valve slowly and letting the rubber hose fill up first then grilling. Tried that this weekend and boy, what a difference! Almost burned my burgers! The Q is back in the rotation! I can't rememeber where I saw it, but thank you for the tip.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Laf:
I have had my Q200 for a few years, not sure exactly how long, and I actually stoppped using it for a year because I couldn't get any heat. It wasn't until I found a post on here about turning the tank valve slowly and letting the rubber hose fill up first then grilling. Tried that this weekend and boy, what a difference! Almost burned my burgers! The Q is back in the rotation! I can't rememeber where I saw it, but thank you for the tip. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's one of the good things about the TVWBB - There is so much good info from knowledgeable members who are willing to share. Another good thing is that those that are helped, like yourself, are always mindful enough to comment and say thanks.

Cheers

Phil, you couldn't be more right. Collective knowledge is, after all, what the human race is all about as, if no one shared, we'd still be eating our meat raw! Here's to fire and all that has happened since!!!

Back