OPD valve replacement

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
I have a neat little 12.9 propane tank that has the old type valve, and can't be refilled.
I think it was from my old and long gone round Char-Broil grill.
Anyone know of a source for an OPD valve for this tank? Apparently the valve needs to match the tank size.
It's a perfect size for my Weber Q-220.

Bob

The valve in your old tank can be replaced easily at your local propane dealer. If the tank is too old then it can be tested and re certified

Gary

Something to think about when you are trying to adapt hoses and tanks.
I don't know what the laws/rules are in the USA, but in Australia if you adapt, modify or cause to fit a non standard part, component or fitting to a gas operated/fired appliance and a fire occurs then any subsequent insurance claim arising from that fire will be voided.

Basically if ya mess with it and something catches fire the insurance company wont pay.

Cheers

Here in the USA you can purchase tanks with Gages in the side, Gages in the top if the valve and many other configurations. As to changing the valve to another type this is no problem all have a built in pop off valve and now all have a small float to prevent overfilling. The tanks are all built to the same asme standard. Here in Texas there are rules about what color the tank can be. Must be light color so brown and red and many others are out.

later
gary

Back