Thank Gahd for Charcuterie and Why Every BBQ'r Should Know How

JohnLocher

TVWBB Member
So I guess it's been a while since I've been on any other section than Charcoal Grills and WSM because I just noticed Charcuterie here this morning and I was moved by this new section that I had to say Something!

Because, when it comes down to it, anyone with a capable Weber on this site and the wherewithal to do so can make their own Bacon, Smoked sausages, Tasso, hams, ham hocks, pastrami, chipotles, etc., using the same basic principles that we already employ to put out tasty BBQ. And why not?

Example: Most run-of-the-mill "bacon" at the store costs anything from $4.99 to $13 per pound (plus tax) and runs the gamut of quality (from bland, watery strips to overpriced pieces of adjective-ridden price tags only suitable for your nicest breakfast occasion.

Here's the Rub though (some pun intended); tasty, delicious Artisan-quality Bacon can be done at home for as little as just over $3 per pound including Fresh Pork Belly, Seasonings, and smoke wood. Interested? More to come...

I'm already on board!

Personally, I could care less if I read about another pork butt/rib/brisket post. I much rather read about anything else that gets smoked, or a new way to smoke the usuals in an unusual way.

Amen, brother. I'm a convert. Just bought the Ruhlman book Charcuterie and cannot put it down. Why keep us in suspense? Bring on the knowledge!
icon_smile.gif

Jamie that book is my favorite - be sure and also try the Smoked Andouille - when done right it is a revelation delicious by itself or any other use. Also, I went so far as to do some air-cured Pepperone; fantastic and definitely a good start in all things air-cured but I should have added a good cold smoke to add even more flavor!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">but I should have added a good cold smoke to add even more flavor!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Noted. Thanks!

Need to lern more about this but the posts in here are just mouth wathering.

Dont know if i can hold a ham in my basement for 8 mounth without a few samples here and there.

But J biesinger wow ur posts in here make´s me wanna do the same. great fourm part.

A totally new side of handeling meat for me,BUT I LOVE it.

Keep it up

Bless

Back