Spice Rubbed Chicken Breast Tacos with Grilled Poblanos, BBQ Onions and Coleslaw

Don Cash

TVWBB Gold Member
Made a Bobby Flay recipe tonight...Pretty dag-gone-good!
<a href="http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-flay/spice-rubbed-chicken-breast-tacos-with-grilled-poblanos-bbq-onions-and-coleslaw-recipe/index.html" target="_blank">
Link</a>

Ready for the fire...

IMG_2943.jpg

Poblanos done. BTW, the chunk of cherry added exactly nothing to the pepper...

IMG_2945.jpg

Chicken on.

IMG_2946.jpg

Onions on.

IMG_2947.jpg

Resting.

IMG_2948.jpg

Toasting the tortillas.

IMG_2950.jpg

Ready for assembly.

IMG_2951.jpg

Plated.

IMG_2953.jpg

Pretty good meal. Smaller tortillas would have been better...Too much bread. Chicken was very flavorful, almost blackened...Delicious.

Ok, off to watch the <span class="ev_code_RED">SOX</span> beat the Yankees. 1-0 as I type...Go <span class="ev_code_RED">SOX</span>!

All Good NESS There Don!
YummY-YummY And I'm Hungry! (ain't cookin' tonight, Liz iz
icon_biggrin.gif
)
BTW are those corn OR flour tortillas? Look like flours... i love CORN
icon_razz.gif

Don! Buddy! What is it with you guys?! Grillin' and smokin' 24/7! Good work. Sign me up for one of those grill mesh thingies with the lid. Very cool.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gary H. NJ:
Don! Buddy! What is it with you guys?! Grillin' and smokin' 24/7! Good work. Sign me up for one of those grill mesh thingies with the lid. Very cool. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I WANT ONE TOO! What is it called?

and where can I get one.

thanks

Killing me, Don!! I love the canned Yuengling!

Next time, put the cherry on the coals instead of next to the peppers.
icon_biggrin.gif

Flay recipes never fail me. One of these days I'm going to get my wife to agree to go to Mesa grill so I can see what his dishes are like first hand.

Nice work Don!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">gotta give roasted poblanos a try. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you can smoke them too.

I just wish Flay would be a little more creative.

He's always on FN using the pablano pepper. When he's on my wife starts saying "here come the pablano" and he never fails.

Good lookin' eats though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I just wish Flay would be a little more creative.

He's always on FN using the pablano pepper. When he's on my wife starts saying "here come the pablano" and he never fails. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dont' think Flay was the originator but he certainly was on the ground floor for bringing uniquely American ingredients into respectable status.

I don't watch him much on tv, but I can assure you his books are not one dimensional.

Its interesting that when ever Flay pops up around here, a discussion ensues. He's a polarizing person.

love poblano's...
can do without flay...
<< me thinks he cheats on his throwdown shows, he ALWAYS wins. Even when it's a dish he has NEVER made.

Don, you are correct that the pan shows "no longer available" at William Sanoma. However it is in stock at Amazon. Look up- Pinzon 2-piece stainless steel grill wok with removable lid. In every respect it looks the same and has a very high rating. I just ordered one and yes I went through the link on this site. Now the wait begins. Thank you for bringing the subject up.

Back