Bone-In Rib-Eye Steaks with Sweet, Pan-Roasted Garlic

RDOwens

TVWBB Super Fan
My day changed dramatically this morning. All of a sudden, the family was going to be out all day, leaving me alone to bang out some work around the house. Hmmmm . . . what to do?

I've been meaning to check out another butcher. Since I had to run an errand kind out that way, I decided to check these folks out. I am happy I did.

The place was jumping. In the lot was someone with a Klose smoker selling chicken and ribs.

Inside, while small, a wonderful selection of meats were presented. Right before it was my turn, I saw a little sign on one of the cases. Tri-tip! Holly smokes! I was so blown away, I was unprepared when the guy asked me what I wanted. Yes, I picked up a tri (the closest I have found them to me is an hour away for twice the price). But I also picked up a ribeye for lunch.

Once home, I decided to prepare this week's Weber Recipe of the Week. I am happy I did.

The oil is wonderful, but the garlic is heavenly. I should have prepared more. I just may for a snack. Good stuff. I recommend this preparation.

Life is good.

4507965095_56171517e1.jpg

4508607394_6d65d6d8e3.jpg

4507970455_e5306cf6a4.jpg

Fantastic, RD!!

When I got this recipe of the week from Weber I forwarded it to my wife...Needless to say, we are doing it soon!!

Seeing your finished product and recommendation, we're doing it this week!!

Great job!

BTW, did anyone else notice that the photograph in the e-mail was for the ribeye with chili sauce? That's an excellent dish too, but looks different than the garlic.

Additionally, the Weber Nation video did not include the red pepper flakes.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RDOwens:
BTW, did anyone else notice that the photograph in the e-mail was for the ribeye with chili sauce? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
icon_biggrin.gif
i did!

Looks fantastic, RD. Haven't taken the time to read that recipe, but I will now.

Very nice RD!!!! I bet that garlic was tasty!! How did you like the grilled carrots? I love doing them, they almost taste like sweet potatoes to me.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Larry Wolfe:
How did you like the grilled carrots? I love doing them, they almost taste like sweet potatoes to me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed they do, Larry. These are the first I have done with the cast iron grate. Things got a bit hot.

Back