Lid holders

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by timothy:
George.
Are you looking for one of these?
Tim </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you Tim! I looked at the Weber site and didn't see that originally.
But I was hoping to find the lid holder that comes on the Performer. I emailed Weber earlier today and am waiting for their reply.

George

Depending on what you're trying to do with it, I think the slide-aside is better than the Performer lid holder. I have a slide aside on my OTS, and it keeps the lid clear of the grill surface better than the holder on my performer.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jake S:
Depending on what you're trying to do with it, I think the slide-aside is better than the Performer lid holder. I have a slide aside on my OTS, and it keeps the lid clear of the grill surface better than the holder on my performer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Thank you Jake.
I suppose the slide-aside hangs off the lip of the kettle. Does it in any way restrict the closure of the lid? I like the idea as I assume there's no drilling of the kettle involved here.

George

I have a tool holder and the slide aside hanging on the rim of my kettle. The lid still closes tightly, I just have to be sure that I set it down on center. No visible smoke leaks, no problem putting out the coals with all vents closed.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jake S:
I have a tool holder and the slide aside hanging on the rim of my kettle. The lid still closes tightly, I just have to be sure that I set it down on center. No visible smoke leaks, no problem putting out the coals with all vents closed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Jake! This might work for my OTG table project.
And while I'm at it I might order their wok.
icon_smile.gif

I'll chime in too. I too was worried that with the slide-aside the lid would no longer close tightly.

I spent 5 minutes adjusting the 2 metal clips by hand when I received it and there is no smoke leakage (I do long smokes on my OTS) and it doesn't interfere with closing the vents and extinguishing the coals.

One of the best purchases for my kettle.

-David

Thanks. Actually the slide-aside will work. In fact, it'll be mounted on the edge of a wooden table I'm building for the kettle. This is going to be a fun project.
icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by George L:
Thanks. Actually the slide-aside will work. In fact, it'll be mounted on the edge of a wooden table I'm building for the kettle. This is going to be a fun project.
icon_smile.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

George, did you ever get this project done?

Has the slide-aside been discontinued? Does it come in different sizes? If not would it be too big for my 18.5" OTS?

Back