Quickie on the Q

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
Short on time Saturday evening, so...
Weber Q to the rescue!!

Chick legs (one looked like it came from a cornish hen!) a bit of summer sausage, zukes, and pre-boiled potatoes.
And a Pumpkin beer for pairing.
No complaints
icon_smile.gif

000_0196.jpg
000_0198.jpg

000_0195.jpg

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pat Smith:
Hey Bob! Looks great as always. What's the theory with the Smokey Joe grate sittin' on the foil balls??

Pat </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Pat!

Is that a SJ grate? It was thrown in with my red 22" OTS CL buy. I had no idea what is was from.

I cooked the meat until almost done, and then elevated it while the veggies cooked. My timing
for veggies, etc on the Q, with it's no indirect zone, can be a problem for me.

I'm sure that my prowess will change this winter when the Q gets more usage with those run out, run back in, cooks.

I thought that you might have an indirect area in mind. Phil H on this forum - the Q-Master from Down Under - does something similar with foil and a warming rack, but he spreads the foil out on top of the grill grate then puts the warming rack on top of the foil sheet.

I like your idea - it gets a little more space between the grill grate and the second grate - I think I'll try that next time I need to cook indirect on the Q, but I think I'll combine your idea and Phil's and put the SJ grill on foil balls on top of a spread out sheet of HD foil.

Super looking cook - problem I have is "So many grills; so few nights to grill each week!"

Part of my plan was to keep the sticky sauced meat on the small, easier to clean wire grate.

But with the whole grill needing a good cleaning, I ended up putting it back down on the iron.

The foil balls do work great. Just push down until the grate is level, and it's pretty skid proof too.
The bigger the balls, the higher the grate
icon_smile.gif

Back