A couple CI Grate questions

Shaun R

TVWBB Hall of Fame
At the CI grate website they show a Weber with a ci grate installed and it has rivets going though the side for the insert holders. Is there drilling involved for installation? Are they available hrough Amazon? By the way, does anyone have experience with porcelain grates? Thanks

The CI grate that Jim posted there are no rivets. They are the same grates I think 95% of us that have them are using. I have no experience with the porcelain coated grates but have read they chip real easy

Thanks for the replies. Jim if you look at that picture at the site, What are those two shiny things on the kettle side? Then look on the inside, see that hanger thing. That grill has been modified. Anyway I am interested in getting one for the 22 I think. The one for the SJ is really cool too.

Shaun, these grates from the site i linked fit perfectly well without mods... the same grates Wolfe sells.
and the scraper/hook they sell, i made my own from some nice stainless steel drop off from this factory i'm employed at.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jim Lampe:
This web site??
These require NO drilling, NO rivets. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

--What is the shipping weight of the Cast Iron Grate and Cast Iron Handle? This is important to me because I live in Costa Rica.

Richard Garcia

OTG, WSM Classic

Back