Ralph has lost his mind... Gonna do a fatty

Ralph Grunz

TVWBB Fan
OK, I am on a roll(no pun intended).... I am about to head for the deep end of the pool.... I am going to do a fatty on my lower rack this weekend... I am going to start with Jimmy Dean sausage roll (not sure if hot or mild yet; comments invited). I know that Vidalia onions will be in it, I am looking for ideas from all you fatty cookers out there... this post reminds me a little of Shrek; I've got a donkey and I am not afraid to use him
icon_smile.gif

Ralph,
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if you only make one you'll be sorry you didn't make three.

I use the jimmy dean regular sausage then rub it with a cajun style pork rub. This makes the "hot" sausage to hot for some people. For the first time cooking fatties I would suggest you use the regular and then add the heat yourself. This will give you more control of how much heat you want in your fatty. Here are some fatties I cooked recently.
102_6828.jpg

I like the idea of italian style sausage with onions, mushrooms, and provolone.

I don't know what I was thinking
icon_smile.gif

I am going to do four; obviously one would not be enough and I have vacuum bagger.... thanks for that input.... JimK, I like your recipe; will have to do a couple that way. Rick you are right, I will do one hot just for comparison and regular on the other three... good input thanks all

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JimK:
I like the idea of italian style sausage with onions, mushrooms, and provolone. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't forget the peppers!

I can't take credit for the 'Italian Style' fatty. It was RDOwens' fatty posting a while back that gave me the idea. Still haven't done it myself yet, but I do dream about it often.
icon_smile.gif

Back