wings

indirect for 30 minutes or so. you need to melt the fat in order to avoid flareups. finish on direct. baste with sauce periodically. watch for burning if using sugar-based sauce.

I like to brown them a bit for 10-15 min, continually rotating them. At that point I switch them to an aluminum pan on the grate with my sauce thinned with chicken stock. They braise for another 15-20 min, until they get finished over direct heat.

If you have a rotis gfet a Ribolator for it and then rotis them an a medium heat saucing every 10 minutes for 30 minutes and then finish on high for about 5-10 depending on size, medium heat range etc.

Cheers

If I'm doing a bunch of them, I just lay a single layer of briquettes on the lower grate and cook all of them direct, turning every 5 minutes or so. Takes 20-25 minutes and they should be done, check with thermometer though.

I do them indirect sometimes too, doesn't take as much tending.

Edit: I just noticed your using a gas grill, in college we would set our gas grill to 350 degrees with the lid shut and turn them every 5 minutes or so.

Back