Just assembled my WSM 2009!

M Strickland

TVWBB Member
I just finished assembling my new WSM 18 2009. I am very impressed. My wife even noticed how much superior the quality is to the old el cheapo versions that I have had in the past.

Everything is nicely round and seems to fit well. The door has maybe 1/32 " of play in one corner. Otherwise all is perfect.

I got one of the eyelet kits from BBQ Guru to pass a temperture probe through. I know from my other smokers that I like to monitor the meat temperature during the cook. The only problem I has was that the eyelet and anvil were already mounted on the tightening screw, but I didn't notice that they were backwards and installed the eyelet according to the instruction drawing. So the swaged part is on the outside and doesn't look good. I'll leave it for now but will eventually drill it out and replace it.

My son-in-law is going to finish building my "Weber Holder" (aka deck) next week, so I guess I'll have to wait for the first firing!

Now, on to assemble the Weber Genesis gas grill!!

Mike from Hiram, Georgia

TWO new Webers! Man, you are living well and on the way to having your own "Weber Grill Garden!"

Be sure to post pics of your cooks!

And don't toss out those ECB's you have - there are lots of good projects for those - I converted one of mine to a gas smoker. It was fun to build and is fun to play with while doing the Serious Smoking on the WSM!

Good Smoking!

Pat

Back