California > Aptos: Aptos St BBQ

Paul Schaffer

This is a sister restaurant to "Trail Dust" over in Morgan Hill but since I've not eaten there yet, I can't comment.

Aptos St BBQ is in the slightly older section of the beach town of Aptos. It's not easy to find but it's worth looking for. They've got a massive Yoder parked in the back and it serves them well. They have a small dining room and do take-out as well.

Their menu is classic BBQ and they do a very nice St Louis-style rib. Their pulled pork is extremely tasty with enough smoke to still be able to taste the pork flavor.

Their Chicken was also quite good (skin wasn't crispy but it was still quite tasty) and they were out of Brisket when I got there. Interestingly enough, they sport a desert menu that looks pretty enticing (including a Stout float!!). I live in San Jose but when I'm over at "The Beach", I'll definitely be making a return.

http://www.aptosstbbq.com/index.html

Hi Paul, I love the Trail Dust and I will go to Aptos St. soon. I am in that area pretty often. Thanks

This is as goood as it gets for California restaurant BBQ IMO. No shortcuts here. The Yoder is legit. Excellent beer selection, good ambiance (sit on the porch), and tasty meats. I've had the pulled pork a couple times and enjoyed it. My wife loves the smoked chicken salad.

Back