I pick the WORST time to smoke!

b mauro

TVWBB Member
First smoke was bitter bitter cold - around 5 degrees F.

Today - weather looked OK - temp was in the high 40s.

Now...rain.

I know a little rain won't hurt the WSM - but instead of staying outside and enjoying the whole experience , I'm running in and out of the house.

I can't wait till summer

I've used my new WSM four times and the warmest day was about about 25 degrees. For all I know, these things don't even work when the temp is above freezing
icon_smile.gif

Well the rain has stopped - so I can stop complaining.

Its weird smoking when it's not close to 0F and no wind. Its EASY!

So if the food is crappy I can't blame the WSM or the weather this time
icon_biggrin.gif

I'm playing that game today too. After last night (wife and I spent 6 hours cleaning up small flood in basement. Wicked wind and rain here) I needed something fun to do today. Weather has almost cooperated. In between the drops I'm grilling some roadside chicken. I love the four seasons, but the cold rain of early spring is a drag.

I felt your pain. After a gorgeous unseasonably warm week, I tried to cook on Friday!

Went home at lunch and got everything going. Needless to say the wind and rain picked up about 45 min after I put the ribs on. My windscreen was doing all it could, but the constant drizzle was really sucking my heat.

Ribs came out ok... but not anywhere near what I like. Needed more time but I think I got impatient and tired of running in and out of the rain.

The real "treat" was after dinner when I hear a BANG outside and noticed the metal sheet I used as a wind screen blew into the WSM and knocked the whole thing over. Mercifully the coals were all out at this point, but I'm sure the racoons will be licking my deck for months.

Back