Tri Tip Sammie and Black Bean soup.

John Solak

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Marinated the tri tip in some wooster sauce and garlic powder for 6 hours. Seasoned with some Suzie Q seasoning.
P1000737.jpg

Cooked the trip tip at 275* with some red oak till about 110* and then did a reverse sear and pulled at 135*
P1000738.jpg

P1000740.jpg

While the tri tip was resting made some garlic cheesy bread and some onions.(no pic)
P1000741.jpg

Made a sammie out of everything and served with some black bean soup I made earlier in the day.
P1000745.jpg

P1000746.jpg

P1000744.jpg

Even made a dump cake earlier but I am too full to try it. I'm sure I'll find room later this evening.
P1000736.jpg

Great looking soup and all that onion on the sandwich is making me hungry.

Since we don't do tri-tip here, my butcher is going to start looking at me funny when I ask for it.

Good job on the meal.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RDOwens:
That is my kind of meal. Awesome!

Do you have a recipe for the soup? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Soak a pound of black beans overnight and rinse real well. In a pot I sweated an onion, 3 stems of celery and a carrot in a little oil and salt. This batch I used some salt pork and smoked ham hocks but have used bacon, pulled pork or no meat at all. Add enough water or (chicken stock)to cover and cooked till beans were tender. Add water as necessary. Mash some beans with a potato masher to thicken the soup a little. Add salt,pepper, cumin to taste. I like to a little dollop of sour cream to my bowl.

Wow, really nice job.

I was in Sam's a few days ago and they had ribeye's on sale. Found a really nice package. I walked around for a while with the package of ribeye's and package of tri-tip steaks in cart trying to decide which to buy. Ended up with the tri-tip. Really love the flavor of them. Had the left overs cold for breakfast. Not sure why but these steak left overs taste so good right out of the fridge. I make sure I cook extra so I can have them cold the next day.

Back